Pulsebeat Poetry Journal features poems with a strong musical element—a definite rhythm and accompanying melody usually generated by similarity of sounds. A more extended discussion of the Journal’s purpose is given on the Welcome page of the site launch issue.
What to submit
- Poems full of music, using meter and rhyme or other means, previously unpublished.
- Up to 5 poems, or 200 lines total length, natural words and word order.
- Theme should be the human condition, for a general literate audience. No restriction on language, within reason.
- No reading fee or payment.
- Poets retain copyright.
- Special interest in:
- Poets from Detroit
- Poets in unpoetic jobs.
- Longer blank verse or rhyming poems.
When to submit
- Pulsebeat Poetry Journal appears three times a year, in January, May, and September. Reading periods are as follows:
- October 1-December 31 (January issue)
- February 1-April 30 (May issue)
- June 1-August 31 (September issue)
- Response time is one month or less.
Where to submit
- Please send all submissions to email@example.com. Poems and cover letters can be included in the body of the email or attached in a single file (txt, docx, or pdf format). Please write “poetry sub” and your name in the subject line.